Sunday, February 27, 2011

The oscars....

Traditionally, I have looked forward to the Oscars like I look forward to the start of a new season of Glee or The Biggest Loser or any show on The Food Network. Yes, tonight a great game between Miami and the New York Knicks, with the heart of Denver imported, will have to wait. Tonight the Oscars are on.

You see, my wife likes these shows, and I am a good husband. Though I often veto them as much as she vetoes my NBA games (though she is cool, she likes the NFL, NFL fantasy football, and March Madness possibly more than me) I figure I can suffer through one awards show a year.

The thing is, this year my friend clued me into a trick. Its called betting on the Oscars. Maybe this is not new to everyone, but it is to me. I gotta say, it is great to make it a competition. Though so far I am losing, we have adjusted my friend's suggestions. I live in Milwaukee, WI. With the fusion of my NW roots, my wife and I decided to drink a shot of Columbia Crest Chardonnay each time an actors speech is cut off by the triumphant music that they like to pay in such situations. I like how it just keeps getting louder until the actor leaves the stage.

 Here is to people talking too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment